Are You At A Crossroads?
Last night, I barely slept and I woke up this morning with the nagging thought in my mind.
"I have to make a decision"
You may be able to relate if you have ever been at a crossroads in your life. There is something that has been gnawing at your heart but you keep avoiding the inevitable because you are not ready to make the hard decision.
I mentioned in a previous post that I was re-prioritizing my life and had made some small changes. Deep down, I know there are bigger changes to be made but I have been dragging my feet because the changes I make will radically change the next season of my life.
I was talking to a dear friend last night and she was telling me about her decision to leave a certain ministry group. She said "I had been thinking about it for 8 or 9 months, it was past time for me to leave".
Her comment struck me. In my situation, I can say that I have been thinking about the shift that I need to make for much longer. I admired her courage to make a decision and move forward. I need that courage. I certainly don't want to be out of season with what God is doing in my life.
What do you do when you are at a crossroads? As believers, we should look to God as our guide. When we are facing hard decisions we may want to ask God for a sign. There is no shame in this but before you ask God for a supernatural sign, look at the natural signs that he may have already sent.
1. Have you been thinking about this decision consistently for a significant amount of time?
2. Have fellow believers challenged you on it?
3. Are scriptures seeming to pop out from the page to lead you towards a certain decision?
4. Do you have peace in your heart about making the decision even though it may be hard?
Those are just a few questions that I have been asking myself. I highly recommend Priscilla Shirer's Discerning the Voice of God for specific steps to hearing God's voice in your life. That book alone helped me through a very difficult time!
As a matter of fact, Priscilla's book helped me so much that I have read it through 3 times...I tend to pull it out when I'm facing a hard life decision. I would love to gift the audio sessions of Discerning The Voice of God ($23.00 Value) to a friend/reader who is facing a crossroads in her life.
How to enter:
1. Reply to this email and tell me about a current crossroads in your life and why winning the audio sessions of Discerning the Voice of God would be a blessing to you.
2. The winner will be announced next week in my weekly email update.